Privacy Statement – May 2018
Blooming Bamboo is the trading name of Zoe James
Your Personal Data
Blooming Bamboo stores the following information about its members:
- Enquiries from non customers – message, name and email address – received via our website or by email – held for up to a year, and used to answer query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address – populated by people registering on our website, or opting in on an enquiry form. People completing a health declaration or registering for classes are added to the mailing list so they can be kept in touch with class information, but all mailings have opt out link – indefinitely, but opt out link on each mailing.
- Health and registration forms from students – name, contact details and health information – completed via our website or in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Information that you provide during any voluntary or mandatory registration process (such as first and last name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address, geographic location and industry), when you call or email us or when you use our services will be stored by Blooming Bamboo via our online booking software (Mind Body Online).
- Information about your class attendance and membership status – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment information that you provide to us through Mind Body Online. Your payment details are not held by Blooming Bamboo.
- Your IP Address (will be recorded by our web server when you use our website).
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
- Information held by Blooming Bamboo is accessed by staff and contractors working for Blooming Bamboo, and contractors working on Blooming Bamboo’s IT, and may be shared, on a need to basis, with other teachers at Blooming Bamboo, eg if you are attending their class, or they are covering a class.
For queries about Data Protection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How Personal Data May be Used
- Blooming Bamboo uses data to identify trends in popularity of our classes and membership levels.
- We may use this data to offer you special offers via email if you have actively opted in to receive email notifications.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you.
Mind Body Online
Personal Data and Third Parties
- Blooming Bamboo does not and will not ever share or sell your data to any third party, except where required by law.
- As a Blooming Bamboo member you have the right to withdraw consent for Blooming Bamboo to hold your membership data by cancelling your membership.
- Blooming Bamboo does not collect data on members or potential members from any third parties.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive, the cookie helps analyse web traffic or allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
We are not in control of the delivery of cookies from service providers such as Facebook, Google Analytics and YouTube. Any comments or questions that you may have should be raised with the originator of those cookies.
Your use of this site is taken as consent to the placing of cookies on your system. If you disagree, please take the following action (for technical support please contact your IT support technician.)
- Close this website
- Use your web browser’s tools to “delete your cache”
- Quit your browser
- You can then choose to disallow cookies from this website via browser settings
If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.