“You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes every day… unless you’re too busy; then you should sit for an hour.”
— Old Zen Proberb
Due to popular demand Eileen is leading another meditation workshop that is suitable for both the beginner and more accustomed meditator.
This workshop provides an understanding of meditation, the benefits and how to sit comfortably so you can concentrate and not be distracted.
The session is perfect for you if…
- you think you can’t meditate
- you’d like to try meditating in a group environment to experience the collective energy
- you’ve always wanted to have a go at meditating but not known where to begin
- you have a busy or stressful life and want some tools to help you handle whatever comes your way
- beginners or established meditators will all gain something from this workshop
What the session will entail…
You’ll be shown various ways to sit comfortably so that the body is supported and the spine is erect. You’ll try various seated postures and make use of bolsters, blocks and blankets until you find the ‘seat’ that is right for you.
There’ll be some gentle movement to loosen up the body and move Prana through the body, which is ideal preparation for sitting still.
There’ll be some gentle breathing practice, and an exploration of some different techniques used in meditation.
At the end of the session you will have enough knowledge and feel perfectly equipped to begin or continue your home meditation practice.
Where, when & how much
- Friday 15th May
- Blooming Bamboo Seaham
Booking essential as spaces are limited
Eileen is one of Blooming Bamboo’s resident teachers. She offers a calm & supportive environment where you can come exactly as you are.